Sunday, May 19, 2019

stash report May 19, 2019

I've added a few pieces to my civil war reproduction stash, since I am using them in my circa 1880 swap. I have many more prints than neutrals, and, it seems I am using a lot of neutrals. I really like the cheddar/ mustard yellows and poison greens, so I add them any chance I get. This sort of fabric doesn't seem to be popular right now with all the modern and bright colors available. I hope that pretty soon, people will be sending repro fabric to goodwill, until then, I have to buy here and there since they are rarely on sale.


Stash report 

Fabric Used this Week 35.75 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 136.25 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 10.75 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 115.25 yards
net fabric: 21 yards used more than bought

I hope to work on my snowman rug today for my slow, enjoy the day "stitching"


It was great to get my sewing machine running again after an organization push, so I had no trouble spending 15 minutes a day at the machine.

I am linking to:



sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate


15 min to stitch at life in pieces

8 comments:

  1. You would have loved my Guild's sale yesterday. There were tons of 1800s reproduction fabrics. I also love a good neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the snowman rug you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely additions to your stash!
    Enjoy your rug making today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed you see more reproductive fabrics in your usual fabric buying haunts soon. Congrats on your very impressive stash numbers! More out than in is pretty cool. Enjoy your slow stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you were able to find fabrics you enjoy! The Civil War era was such an interesting time for quilting. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mustard and greens too! I love the deeper jewel tones better than the brights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to have several options for stitching, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The right neutral is sometimes hard to find. Love your fabs. I am not a modern quilter but do scrappy of all types.i love all fabrics

    ReplyDelete