Tuesday, May 14, 2019

pineapple round 2

As a way to chain piece my pineapple blocks, I used a  long strip of color for round 2. I could lay the pineapple centers on the strip and just sew. Then I cut them apart and did another side, and so on.


I have had an obsession with making these little 4 1/2 inch string blocks and creating larger blocks. It uses small bits and goes very fast. And you can't make just one. I did not enjoy making the larger
 6 1/2 inch blocks for sand castles. I took forever and it was more difficult to find the right size strip, but this was fast and fun.


I had cleaned up the string mess from sand castles, and vowed I was going to stop string piecing altogether - at least for awhile. This time the idea came while I was cleaning the desk, and found little squares of phone book paper. I had a nice stack of 4 1/2 inch squares so I laid them on the treadle. I walked by a couple of times, and, then, thought I would just try and see. I imagine it will take a million squares to create a quilt of sufficient size.

I am linking to:


chameleon color linky

Oh scrap

I am linking to:




2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your little strings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used the long strip idea for piecing in the past and I loved how fast it made finishing blocks! The strip blocks are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete