Wednesday, May 1, 2019

pineapple block

I was gifted with a bag of scraps from a 93 year old quilter. She is trying to sort through her stash. I was honored to receive her little bag. And I wanted to make use of them right away, before I forgot how I had received them.
 As I was ironing them ( and admiring them) I noticed I had recently found my pineapple templates while cleaning a shelf in my sewing room. I decided to make a few blocks using only Hazel's scraps.
I started with this template



and then I made one using this template


They are both  great for simplifying an old block, but it is time consuming. I only made 2 -8 inch blocks.



But, I have all of Hazel's scraps cut and ready to go for another round of pineapple piecing.
There won't be enough for a quilt, but I am not at a loss for scraps that I can add to it.


I have the trash to treasure book and template in my etsy store here.

I am linking to:

WOW

midweek makers


Oh Scrap



1 comment:

  1. Haven't made one of these, and probably never will. I'm with you - too time consuming!

    ReplyDelete