Sunday, November 20, 2016

Soft Yarn, Squishy Yarn - Yum

For all the bloggers out there, a question. I love receiving comments, and I want to answer back. Which is the best way - to reply in the comment section or as a reply to email? I'd love to know how you do it or like it.

For my slow Sunday stitching, I have this yummy yarn all ready to start a pair of socks. The yarn is Misti Alpaca. with 50% alpaca, 30% merino, 10% silk, 10% nylon. It just sounds so lovely for the feet.
I saw these vintage beauties this week.
 All of the blocks in the quilt were navy and brown except
except this one - I wonder what the quilter was thinking that she added just one very striking block, and that green is not a subtle green. I bet she was a fun person. :)


 



 Stash report

Fabric Used this Week: 1 1/2 yards

Fabric Used year to Date: 50 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards  3 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 163 yards

Net Fabric for 2016: 115 1/2 yards in the hole

and I think I need to add shirts I buy to take apart for fabric. I added 2
for total of 16

I am linking to:
Patchwork Times
Slow Sunday Stitching
Sunday Stash


5 comments:

  1. I don't know the answer to your question, and I will be very interested in the suggestions you get from people. I find I have the same problem. I do sometimes comment on my own blog in response to a no-reply person, but I know there has to be a better way. I myself have been a no-reply for some, and I have no explanation as to why. Ah, the mysteries of the internet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love the yarn I think the blend will make for some comfy socks. I usually reply to my comments in the comments section. I love the fact the person used the green in the vintage quilt, I have an old quilt I bought years ago and all the blocks use blue except for one and the make used green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy your ability to make socks as well as quilt! :)

    On my blog, I don't answer comments if they come from a fellow blogger. I just visit them back.

    If there is a comment or question from a reader who does not have a blog, I answer them on the blog ; or if there is a question, maybe in email.

    Hope that helps. I think that most bloggers just want a return visit in time rather than a bunch of emails / that's my view at least :) It is one reason why I am a 'no reply' blogger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to answer by email, but like others, I am most pleased when someone visits my blog in return. Interesting choice of color on that block...maybe she just ran out of fabryand had a limited stash. At any rate, it is a bold statement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoyed your slow stitching time this week, the yarn is gorgeous, lots of pretty fall colors. I usually reply via email, unless the comment was left by a no-reply blogger, then I'll go leave a comment on their blog if I haven't already.

    ReplyDelete