Wednesday, November 9, 2016

sweet gum, noodles, and progress



Fall has been very strange weather wise. I haven't really seen the beautiful fall leaves that I am used to and love. It seems, this year, the leaves are green and, then, overnight they fall. My sweet Gum hasn't made up it's mind, and it is November. strange.


For my Grand daughter's 11th birthday I made chicken and noodles, as this seems to be her favorite. Our visit was so much fun, playing games and cuddling. She is a bright spot.



This is an incredible hexie quilt made from 1/4 inch hexies. I saw this on line  but I can't remember  where. Oh my!



I have been slowly sewing scrappy hourglass blocks for my scrappy Leader/ender project with Bonnie Hunter
I have cut 288 Dark purple, blue rectangles 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 for Midnight Flight also a Bonnie Hunter quilt all cut from 2 1/2 inch strips. Now I need to cut nearly 600 2 1/2 in squares for sew and flip corners.





And I have all the string blocks ready for Blue Skies also Bonnie Hunter design.
But, mostly, having my husband home on sick leave has thrown my attempts at a schedule for a loop. So I am not getting much sewing time.  Plus, I am pondering my quilting life a bit. I think I need to stay on task more, and face my finishing "fears".  I want to try some more applique next year.

I am linking to:
Jo's Country Junction
Midweek Makers
Lets Bee Social
Scraptastic Tuesday
WOW












5 comments:

  1. Wow!! 1/4" Hexi's! That is crazy- you have the patience of a saint!! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!

    thanks so much for linking up...

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those string blocks and hourglasses! Marvellous. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got some big, great projects going - thanks for sharing them on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to make the Midnight Flight too, and a whole other Bonnie Hunter designed quilts. You are making great progress on your projects. Good luck on eking out some quilting time.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete