Wednesday, November 23, 2016

cathedral stars


I am racing Terri of Kalico Kat Creations to finish Cathedral Stars into a flimsy. Since I taunted her with the challenge, I have only managed to get it out of the box and partly on the design wall. I had a lot more cleaning to do for Thanksgiving. A lot more. Who is making all these messes? WE are mostly empty nesters. sigh.... If we had a sink by our chairs in the living room, we would be all set.



 Our Thanksgiving menu:
Turkey
mashed potatoes/ gravy
cream cauliflower
green bean casserole
cranberry relish
relish tray with olive cream cheese dip
watergate salad
corn casserole
oyster dressing
pumpkin pie/ whip cream
lettuce salad
homemade rolls
pecan pie
pickled eggs

These are basically tradition foods and my children and Grandchildren act bereft if I forget anything. Corn casserole is new, so we will see if anyone panics at the change :)

I am linking to:
Jo's Country Junction
Midweek Makers
Bee Social
wow

4 comments:

  1. This will be lovely when it's finished! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once changed the Christmas day dinner menu from turkey & mashed potatoes/gravy to pork loin and scalloped potatoes. The grandchildren totally freaked!!! We're back to turkey & mashed potatoes/gravy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun pattern and very colorful quilt you have going on. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the colors you've got going in this - wish my stash was that pretty! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete