Thursday, November 10, 2016

Fishing for a solution

I found this project in the bottom of a project box, I was trying to empty. I actually bought these jar blocks at a garage sale. They were not sewn down, only fused, and I thought they were so cute. I didn't think about the fact that there were only 10. 10 is not a number for for a grid in quilting. I thought I could find something in my stash to make 2 more for a 3x4 arrangement, rather than do 3x3 and lose 1 to the back.  That part was easy. Oh but wait, what about the background? sigh...

This morning when I looked at them, I thought I could make an alternate block and that could give me 20 squares or 4x5. That might be fun.

We were in the mood for Mexican last night and I wanted to try this bean dip again. I thought I would share since we really like this and a bag of chips for dinner.


7 Layer Dip

Ingredients
  • 1 can refried beans
  • 1 container pre made guacamole (or make your own)
  • 16 oz container sour cream
  • 1 package taco seasoning (or make your own)
  • 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
  • ½ cup chopped green onion
  • ½ cup chopped tomato
  • 1 can black olives
Layer refried beans, then guacamole, then a mix of sour cream and taco seasoning, cheese, onion, tomato, black olives

Yummy!

I am linking to:
Fabric Thread and Yarn
Needle and thread Thursday
Oh Scrap

5 comments:

  1. I love those prints in your jar quilt. What a fun find. I've always wanted to make one of those. Yummy, 7 layer dip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your jars! they certainly are cute!!
    That dip does look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a simple alternate block in bright colours would be a lot of fun, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Another wonderful quilt to add to my Quilty Dreams 2017 list! I love, absolutely love this quilt and I know my grandchildren will as well! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jars are very cute. This will make a perfect quilt for a young boy, I think.
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete