Friday, November 11, 2016

Blocks + Blocks = quilt

I was able to cut 600 2 1/2 inch neutral squares for Midnight Flight. I love my accuquilt die cutter. I have a squares die but since there were so many I just cut strips and then recut them on the 2 1/2 inch strip die. I used 4 different neutrals. Next step is to make sew and flip corners on either end of my purple and blue rectangles. That is just the kind of sewing I like to do at quilting group.


And  I have one of my baby quilts on the frame ready to quilt. I feel sneaky and naughty when I put one of my own quilts on the frame. But, it's also a big surprise to see it again- Out of sight out of mind. I'm trying to beat the donation quilt deadline at guild this month.


 


While I was reading some of my favorite blogs, I found this great quilt. And with her permission. I would like to share. I am always looking for a string/crumb project. And this one will be just what I like. I haven't tried keeping colors together and I think I have a nice enough ( 2 bags worth) variety now that I can make it work.

It is a classic scrappy with a modern look. Bernie of Needle and Foot created this quilt called Scrappy HST
She has several posts about her process.
Here she shows how she considered a different layout, But I really like it as blocks and on point.
I hope you visit her as well and look around - great scrappy stuff.


I am linking to:
TGIFF
Finished or not Friday
Whoop Whoop
Crazy Mom quilts
Fort Worth Fabric

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea to cut your strips into squares using the same die. Now I really need to look into getting a strip die! Your sweet little pink quilt is pretty--perfect for a sweet new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work! Thanks for linking up to Finished or Not Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are making great strides! Your pink quilt is very cute. How do you make sure that the strips are square when you turn them to make the final cut?
    Terry

    ReplyDelete