Tuesday, November 1, 2016

apple butter



It's apple season. We have an orchard nearby and love the fresh apples and apple cidar we can get there.
I wanted to make apple butter this year. My husband likes it, and I have not made it for him. Consequently, he has been forced to buy some at every bazaar, fall festival, gift store where he finds it for sale.


I found this recipe online from sugar and succulents and it sounded easy enough. We don't drink, so vanilla was my plan.

I used gala apples since I like tart apples and they are big this year, so, easy to core and chop. I used a 1/2 a peck.
I put them in my Instant pot on the slow cook setting at high for 4 hours, stirring every now and then.
I put the cooked apples in a blender and pureed
I added 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin Pie spice and 1 Teaspoon of vanilla
I put it back in the easy pot on high for 2 more hours.
Yummy! and now I am a big hero with bonus points I can use to buy fabric :)






And poof these came in the mail from Missourri Star Quilt Company. Doing good has it's rewards.

I am linking to:
Fabric Tuesday
Fiber Tuesday
Free Motion by the River





1 comment:

  1. lol What a great reward! This apple butter looks pretty easy to make and it looks good. :-)

    ReplyDelete