Friday, December 16, 2022

boho top

 I have made great progress on boho heart. Another day at the library, and, I was able to assemble the right section of the heart. I have had the left section together for some time.



I was inspired to bring the left section with me, even if, I wasn't sure how much I could get done at open sew.

Now my heart is complete, warts and all. What a relief to get to this point. There were 5 of us working on this at the same time. I am the last one to get it to this point. I really didn't plan on doing this with the group. I have so many quilts I want to finish, I didn't want to add this one, and stay current with the rest of the quilters. Plus, I have done a couple of jen kingwell patterns and the instructions are a challenge. They are real headscratchers. I chose to do  color sections. Sue made hers with reds and purples for valentines day. Yep, the last one 2022. Linda made hers with wild scraps. Judy made hers with bright blocks and a black background, and Katie is making hers with orphan blocks. They are all very different and very striking.

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt! I love it.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved this design, but I've got too many WIPs of my own to start something new, especially so intense. You are doing a wonderful job on this, and it's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, that is beautiful! I love your rainbow version of this design. I've heard that about Jen Kingwell patterns - that they are challenging - so I have never tried one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful top! You are patient and now look at your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty! I love this and am so glad you linked to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for all the progress on your heart. Beautiful and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warts and all - made me laugh - from what I see it is perfect!!! Love all the colors, and the way you have the color organzied! Its a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun pattern. Perfect for a RSC quilt, with a little planning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love your rainbow version, so pretty! It's fun to quilt the same pattern with friend, and be motivated by the group.
    Thank you for sharing this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Another happy looking quilt top full of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the finish! Great way to end the year, with such a pretty quilt. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete