Saturday, December 10, 2022

zipper blocks done

I was able to finish all the zipper blocks I need for a good size quilt. I had enough brown to make the last of them for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I thought I would put the blocks in a plastic container and send it to the UFO closet, but, I decided to use them as leader/enders by sewing twosies. We will see how this goes. I used a lot of scraps, but, of course, I still have more scraps than I can ever use. It's a good thing, we have another rainbow scrap challenge year ahead.




And, here I am at my age playing with popsicle sticks again. Everything comes full circle, I guess. It started as an idea for my primary kids at church to make, and I wanted some ornaments too. I laughed when I realized I was having fun gluing popsicle ornaments together.


It might be time to make potholders on a little square loom, now.

I am linking to:

6 comments:

  1. Sewing twosies of your zipper blocks sounds like a great idea for leaders and enders! Fun popsicle stick ornaments, too. I bet the kids will have fun with those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple pleasures, lol. I used to make potholders on a loom when I was a kid too. I like those zipper blocks too! Looks like a good a scrapbuster. SueR from northwindsquilting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Primary kids will love making those ornaments with the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love zipper blocks, and yours are just delightful. And we’re never too old to enjoy simple play, with popsicle sticks, kids, games, fabric, etc! Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt blocks look good. Break out that square loom! Fun times ahead {again}!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on finding enough brown to finish out your RSC2022 project! your popsicle ornaments are cute...I love homemade ornaments!

    ReplyDelete