Friday, December 23, 2022

boho heart finish and one monthly goal

My boho heart quilt is finished in time for my one monthly goal for December 2022. I really like it, and I am glad to mark this off the list. Hidden in this quilt are a few vintage blocks, my orphan blocks that remind me of quilts past, and scraps from other quilters I admire.

72 x 74


12 yards of fabric

I used the top fabric in my backing pile. since it was colorful, and, I used the same fabrics as the background to bind it. I free formed swirls on the long arm for quilting. And thanks to the pictures, I will know it was finished during Christmas time.


We are having the nasty weather that most of the US is experiencing. It is - 10 degrees with heavy winds. Some of the ground looks almost empty of snow while we have big snow drifts. I am glad the weather channel says it will leave tomorrow. It does mean postponing our trip to our son's for Christmas eve. I hope everyone has a merry Christmas

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on a beautiful finish! Love the scrappiness. Hope your travel plans aren't too badly impacted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully cheerful and lovely. Fabulous finish, Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful finish for the year! I love that you added in some orphan blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beauty, Maggie! Hope you have a lovely Christmas. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really turned out great! I hope you are able to visit your son and have a beautiful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word!!! It looks absolutely fabulous! Congrats on making your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas!
    Wishing you all the best in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Boho Heart quilt! Be safe and have a wonderful Christmas, even if you have to postpone it for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful quilt! Nicest use of orphan blocks I’ve ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Boho Heart , What an awesome finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what to do with my orphans! I need to clear up some design wall space first. It will be one of those projects that stay up for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Turned out beautifully!! Love the gradient of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow!! that is REALLY pretty!!! what a great finish. Sorry about the weather..its been crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors, the blocks and the layout. What a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on such a beautiful Finish!!!! Well Done. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous quilt! Even more special that it was finished during the holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maggie it is a gorgeous finish! I love the Boho-ness of the heart, especially with the diverse scraps unified in such beauty. I'm so glad you shared this with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete