Wednesday, December 14, 2022

crazie mazie

I haven't started a new quilt. I am just cleaning up the odd scraps near my sewing machine. The fact that the little string blocks are the right size for quiltville's newer pattern crazie mazie is purely a coincidence. Sometimes, a girl, just has to make string blocks. The mess, and the need for no thinking sewing combine, and, string blocks are born.


These are quick, cute little 5 inch blocks that use the smallest bits. I have finished a couple of big quilts lately and I am giving myself a reward.


And any pieces that are too much work for the blocks are sewn into a crumb strip


or thrown away ( the horror) 


I feel so contented when I make string blocks and, I am surprised how fast the stack grows. Oh, and I am surprised how big a mess I happily make.


I  am linking to:

2 comments:

  1. It really is amazing what a mess piecing string blocks make and what's even more amazing is the stack just doesn't get smaller! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks! You fascinate me with the different ways you find to use up scraps. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete