Wednesday, July 6, 2022

cleaning progress

As I am cleaning around my sewing machine, I have found scraps and more scraps from projects and messes. I cut as I go. I have an odd assortment of fabrics this way. I cut 2 1/2, 2, 1 1/2 in strips and squares. I cut bricks this time in to 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 2 x 3 1/2.


Now, I can change my mindset to think about the new Quiltville leader ender challenge called triple treat. and use more of my 1 1/2 inch scraps. I have been working with them for several projects, and I don't have a large supply left. Maybe, I need to try making it with 2 inch squares. I have those for sure.


I have been doing these challenges from the beginning, 2012. The first one was bow ties. I have them all cut and 207 made. I need to sew a few more. I have it in the ufo closet since 2017. Maybe, instead of starting the new one, I should pull this first one out of the dark hole. and work to finish it. hmmm


I  am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. I'm using 2" for my Triple Treat but I may start a different project that also uses 4 patches but will use more than Bonnie's quilts. For now, I'm just sewing twosies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll feel good about pulling the old one out and finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think using up your 2" squares instead will be an easy switch. What a lovely leader/ender project! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old or new? What will you do, Maggie?!?!

    ReplyDelete