Friday, August 13, 2021

quilt top ready

In an effort to make it longer than wider, I added wonky stars to the top and bottom of my ode to Joey quilt, and, now, it is a top. I have a large flannel  wide back for the back and a multicolored binding sewn together. I made this for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. And, now, it lives in the "to be quilted" closet annex.  I have a 'sleep in your own bed" retreat this weekend. I haven't even decided what I am taking to work on while I am there. I have a Christmas quilt that needs a back pieced, but, blah. I will get up and see what suits my fancy.  I am taking sea swept with me but, think I will have it done in a couple of hours. 


I am linking to:

rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy

TGIFF different     here  and here

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like a complicated project. Well done on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use up these wonky star blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stars make a great addition. Love that they, like the words, come in range of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the top finish! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when you were piecing the words. Good to see it headed to a finish. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete