Wednesday, August 18, 2021

new shirt project

 Part of my stress reliever project for retreat was just sewing 4 patches out of shirts. I started with 2 1/2 inch strips in dark and light and sewed  a bunch whenever I needed to destress in between sea swept.


I'd sew strips for awhile, and, then, subcut them and sew four patches. I was doing just dark and light.


I have one pattern that uses these as frames around a center block. I needed 32 for the sides and a larger set for the top and bottom.  I did get the 32 sewn. I have a few ready for the rest of the blocks.


My friends like to drop their scraps off at my table. I like just about anything. Here was my little pile.


I picked these 2 fat quarters as a prize when my name was drawn. I don't have much grunge.

4 comments:

  1. Love the 4-patch blocks in plaid. You chose well for the prize. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun that you left the tags and labels on the shirts. It must also be fun to be a drop box for scraps. Cant believe not everyone uses them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Plaid! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun sewing retreat! You got a lot done. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete