Friday, August 27, 2021

more carolina chaining

I did the top 5 rows of carolina chain earlier. and now, I have assembled the bottom 5 rows. They are the easiest and shortest so of course, I wanted to do them first.

the setting triangles are dark blue

 I cut Carolina chain in 2017. It is from the the book addicted to scraps by Bonnie Hunter. It was also in the quilltmaker  magazine, June/ July 2010.

I have been using easy breezy 1 1/2 inch squares for the leader/ender project this week. I am having more trouble picking out of a bag of 1 1/2 inch squares to make sets, than I am sewing them.

I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

boms away  sunday


6 comments:

  1. Oh that is going to look good with the blue setting triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dark blue setting triangles really finish it off! Chains must be your theme this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks terrific. As much as I like how this looks I am going to refrain from starting any more leader ender projects. This looks like a perfect one. But I think I have 4 different ones started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to use the Carolina Chain blocks for leader/ender and have pieced at least 4 quilts. You'll have a lovely quilt. Looking forward to seeing your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colors, that black border block was a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete