Friday, May 29, 2020

template quilt finish

I started making a quilt using the scrap crazy templates with an idea in my head. The blocks were not difficult, but, I did make a mistake. The fabric needs to be facing the same direction, either right side up or wrong side up, but, not folded together. Some I cut, the right way, but, then I would forget, and cut the wrong way. The hard part was sorting it out. The quilt came to a screeching halt. Every time I would see it, I would shake my head, and, go on to something else. One day, it clicked, I wanted it to look improv, so it didn't matter that some blocks were leaning one way or another. sigh.....
The top has been done and in the "to be quilted" pile for a little while. It's good to get it finished.


It is about 50 x 65 inches. I cut leftover blocks to make the border.


I started it here and here

This is also a finish for my PHD 2020.

I'm linking to:

10 comments:

  1. it looks good but I understand what you mean about watching how you cut for something like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the direction because most of us would never have known. Looks good anyway, and I imagine it feels good to have this one done! Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of it! Very improv, but orderly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a set of the scrap crazy templates also. Mine are different from yours. I like them set with an alternate square.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out awesome! Really like the effect of alternating your block with solid blocks. Totally changes up the block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so cool! So the boo boos made a really cool design element!! My kinda quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great way to finish up those blocks even if it wasn't exactly what you pictured! I really like the pops of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah a Friday and PhD finish! Congratulations and thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I rather like it! The fabrics you chose lend themselves nicely to this design. I am glad that you were able to get past the troubled thoughts and moved on with it. Yes good to finish a UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always feels good when you find the solution to a quilt that's giving one brain freezes on how to proceed. Congrats on finishings a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete