Saturday, May 2, 2020

squares gift

I have been gifted a big box of  3 inch scrappy squares. I opened the box and did a happy dance. Imagine the possibilities and the hours of endless fun. Not to worry, I took their temperature and they are healthy.


We have a new color for the rainbow scrap challenge, and, I see dark green in this happy box. I don't think any of my regularly scheduled rainbow projects use dark green, so, I will just play with the color this month.



Indiana is still on the rise for the virus, but, we are lifting restrictions, just the same. It doesn't make sense to me. I am not interested in mixing in the fun, so I will still stay home and quilt.

My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday

oh scrap



11 comments:

  1. We're doing the same here, Elkhart county is positive for approximately 20 new cases a day! Enjoy playing with your 3" squares, I'm sure you'll create something lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a lovely box of fun!! I'm with you Arkansas is starting to lift restrictions but the numbers have not gone down all that much I think I will continue to just go grocery shopping once a week and that is it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart thinking on just staying home and quilting, Maggie! I hope to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're staying home, too. How fun to get a box of new scraps to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The natives are restless here too, By that, I mean the public! There are awful comments attached to any and all posts written about mask wearing, keeping some businesses closed. Mr. Busy and I will continue to social distance when necessary with masks and stay at home. Grocery store visits and an occasional trip through the drive through will be it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, please stay home and play with your new squares and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Oh,what a gift to get. Like Christmas without all the shopping and snow...I'm with you on going out, I'll stay home an quilt. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am ecstatic!! I can't wait to sit in a restaurant and eat hot food. I will be chomping at the bit to shop in my favorite stores. The wonderful thing is, if you are not affected financially by the shut down, you can stay in and be safe. But others who depend on work for their livelihood can now be allowed to go back to work and owners just might not lose their business. The number of cases are less important than hospitalizations. We expect as more people are tested the numbers will go up, but being positive for Covid does not mean automatic death, over 90% of people either don't know they are sick or have mild cases of the disease. Those in the high risk sector can continue to shelter in place, but those who are not at risk can finally get back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A box of fun ... good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great gift! I'd be happy dancing too. I'm glad I'm retired and basically a hermit. Not much in my life has changed the last few months.

    ReplyDelete