Friday, January 10, 2020

green scraps

The color for the rainbow scrap challenge for January is bright green. Last year, the month of green, I didn't really do a look through the basket. I knew I needed to pull everything out, and sort through, to discover what hidden treasures I might have in the basket. My original plan was to cut everything into useable sizes. But, after it was neat and tidy, I didn't want to cut it.


After a good night's sleep, I was ready to cut again. I cut 3 1/2, 2 1/2, 2, and 1 1/2, and there were some I added to the strings bucket. The top row was a little bigger, and I set it aside to cut triangles I have a scrap quilt I want to make that needs green 2 inch strips. And I need the 2 1/2 inch strips for scraptastic stars and shine.


I didn't cut these, because they intrigued me. I think there is enough for a quilt, if the quilt presents itself. They are good old 90s fabrics.



I finished the whole basket, and, now, I have room to add more - haha

I am linking to:



8 comments:

  1. you sure were busy - I really need to take time to do that with some of mine soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is my favorite color!!! All of it! Even the olive drab. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely green fabrics!!! Thanks for Linking to Finished or Not Finished Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great greens! Cutting can be difficult, cause, what if???

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lot of great greens there...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a lot of work. All the prep work is done so now you can play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. I too used to be stuck at the what ifs but found that i sew more when they are ready to go.now most of my fabric under a fat qtr gets chopped into my barrels by size. 5 down to 1.5

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading about your scrap prep. I love those 90s fabrics! I started Scraptastic Stars yesterday and really like that pattern.

    ReplyDelete