Wednesday, January 1, 2020

1st one monthly goal for 2020

I bought this kit in September while I was in Utah for our daughter- in - laws funeral. I loved the kit, and the fabrics, and thought I would make it as a way to remember her and heal. Quilting does that for me. It is so beautiful, I was afraid to even open it. Not to mention, I have never spent that much for a quilt. So my first goal for January is to really open, and read, and plan on making this quilt. I may have to learn a new technique and organize a little differently.

 

It came with all the applique pieces already lazer cut and ready to iron to the quilt - how cool is that?



The colors are rich and beautiful.


And I really like the backgrounds.


I hope to get more done than just opening it and starting it, but, I am a little intimidated and I wanted to minimize the pressure.

I have a quilt that is ready for quilting. I have ordered the backing, and as soon as I can, I want to finish Bonnie Hunter's sister's nine patch from one of her earlier books. I have a set of rainbow scrap challenge goals that I will share on Saturday, but the January color is lime green.

I hope to have all the blocks sewn for Bonnie Hunter's sand castle quilt, and keep current with the clues for frolic mystery.

Since it is January 1st, I am changing the needles in all my machines, and the roatery blades in all my rotary cutters.  Happy New Year's to all of you.
I am linking to:


One monthly goal

PHD

9 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful project. The applique should go fairly fast since it's laser cut with the adhesive on the back. A wonderful remembrance of your DIL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a gorgeous quilt and so nice to have pieces already cut although then you have to applique as she wants you to do and not needle turn - I think she fuses and machine applique doesn't she? Edyta is the designer of the quilt kit I am working on right now with the laser cut pieces - what a perfect memory for you of your daughter in law

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful the quilt is. You can do this. I know you can! How lovely the appliqué is all cut and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be here to cheer you on to your goal! Take the plunge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful pattern - enjoy every minute of making it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pre-cut quilt kits are sooooo tempting!!! :-) The fabrics in this one are so warm and comforting...and will be an heirloom when completed! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful project. Looking forward to seeing that one come together. Good luck with your OMG and all your other stitching plans for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything Edita Sitar. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete