Saturday, January 25, 2020

scrappy circles and stars

I used an accuquilt die to cut drunkards path for the row by row quilt. I thought it would be easier to use the whole die in both green and white rather than cut individual pieces for the parts. The pattern calls for another row of green later, so, I can use the reverse with the leftovers from cutting this way.



I sewed 9 blocks at the retreat last week, and the two set for the ends of the row. The rest of the blocks were back at home waiting for their new friends.


On a whim, I had a bag of triangle scraps, and, I wanted to make tiny wonky stars. The squares are 2 inches.


I have this bag of triangles.... I think it might be time to sort it and decide on how I want to store or use orphan triangles. The wonky stars don't use enough to make a difference.


So, I have done everything I wanted to do for the color of green, but, I might still play a little until there is a new color for the rainbow scrap challenge.

My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday

7 comments:

  1. Loving all your blocks, but especially those scrappy stars...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make enough of those small wonky stars and surely you will make a dent in that scrap bag!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your circles are turning out, and the tiny wonky stars are adorable! Fun how they work so well with all the different greens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Drunkard's Path blocks, and the tiny stars are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks - both the circles and the triangles - and I agree, no matter how many scrap blocks you make, it doesn't seem to make a difference in how many you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge DP fan and love seeing your green ones! Maybe that'll be my next project. The Accuquilt cutter must have save tons of time!

    ReplyDelete