Sunday, January 5, 2020

stash report january 5, 2020

I haven't done a stash report since July. I had back surgery in July and most of my routines fell apart.
I enjoyed watching the statistics through the year, so, I hope to make this a regular part of my blogging again.
I typically count the fabric that comes in the week of the stash report, but this is an exception. I bought this fabric as a jumbled scrap bag last year at a quilt show. I knew it was hefty, but as I unpacked the bag and folded it, I discovered 10 yards of very yummy fabric.


I rediscovered this scrap bag in an attempt to clean up my fabric room. I didn't want to just put his away on a shelf to be lost again, so, I did a little search of my ideas and patterns, and, decided to use a new pattern with this fabric. I am not even pretending to put this on the list for this year, but, it is ready now, if I should I get the urge to work on it. And it was pretty exciting to have made a plan for it, rather than just wish I had a plan for it.



Stash report 

Fabric Used this Week 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 0 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 10 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 10 yards
net fabric: 10 yards bought more than used

I have been at the sewing machine at least 15 minutes each day. The day is not complete without it.
I had a quilty friend over for New Year's eve and we celebrated by sewing. It was a great start to a quilty new year.

I have had a hard time starting my rug hooking after surgery.
This little project was a class in November. And it is time to finish it on slow stitching Sunday.



I am linking to:



sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate


15 min to stitch at life in pieces

7 comments:

  1. the pattern you have to use that fabric looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that pattern. Too bad it's on the back burner. The rug is cute, and it looks close to being done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen writes great patterns and your fabric selections will make for a fun quilt. Congrats on meeting your stitching goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you have a project you can work on for Slow Sunday Stitching... just a few stitches will feel great!
    Love the plan for those gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to stash reporting! I LOVE your fabric pull for the pattern!!! Hopefully you will get it going sooner rather than later? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fabrics are indeed yummy and the pattern you have chosen to make these fabrics shine is a lovely one. Love your rug hooking piece. I hope your back gets stronger in this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very yummy fabric and you've picked a great pattern to use it in. Congrats on finding time to stitch each day in 2020. It's hard to come back from surgery, takes a lot longer than you think it will (My Guy found that out). Thanks for linking up with the 15 minutes to stitch. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete