Sunday, April 15, 2018

Stash report April 15, 2018

I was gifted a magic bundle of scraps. I have kept them near my cutting table waiting for inspiration to strike. But, as I was cleaning, I rediscovered them, and decided it was time to just do something, even if it was just throw them into the string bucket. There were pieces already sewn together, mostly 1 1/2 inch strips. The fabrics were so cute, I just knew there had to be a good use for them.


They were not all the same size at all. I thought about just cutting them into 4 patches and 9 patches, but, there would be so many, but not enough for any one scrappy project. Then it hit me. I needed to work on Birch trees, and these would be great sewn together for the strips. It would not be a big waste in time or function. And I would be moving a project I already have, forward. Score!





Stash report

Fabric Used this Week 31 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 209 3/4 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 41 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 168 1/2 yards used more than purchased. Then why is there still so much hanging around?

I sewed at least 15 min 7 days this week. I finally found my cutting table.

My project for slow Sunday stitching. It is time to work on the border. woohoo!

I am linking to:

Slow Sunday Stitching

sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces



4 comments:

  1. So what made them magic? The real magic would have been if they sewed themselves into a quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! The dilemma of gifted scraps!! Too good to throw out, too much to process. Great usage on your part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found a great use for those colorful strips. Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use for that pile of scraps! Your stash busting is going so well, even if it doesn't look like it is. Those are pretty impressive numbers. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete