Wednesday, May 1, 2024

5 quilts May 1, 2024

  Last report April 1, 2024

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. My top priority this year are the quilts in the to be quilted closet.

 I finished 3 ufos in April. I did not attend many of my social sewing events this month. They were just inconvenient this time. I missed the interaction. I am hoping to spend more time outdoors and organizing this month. It seems as though I am getting a lot done, but I spent a few years not getting them done and that is why it looks like that. LOL

1.strip tease is finished

70 x 83

2. faux hexagon table runner is finished

20 x 36 inches

I wanted to finish 2 quilts In the 'to be quilted closet' before I did any other UFOs. I finished....

quilts to be quilted from the closet -top priority

1. dart jelly roll is finished

62 x 76

2. gnome layer cake decided not to finish it- I replaced it with Lucky stars which is quilted


I worked on these older Ufos to finish them

3. box kite -The top is finished and ready to prepare for quilting

4. scrappy twirl new in March - I have all the blocks pieced and will start the rows. I wish I had left them in halves and may still unpick if I have don't like sewing the y seams.


5. cathedral stars - It is an older ufo from 2016, a Bonnie hunter pattern.

Looking forward to May:

 quilts to be quilted from the closet -top priority - I have 24

1. floribunda from 2021

2. shirt anvil from 2023 This will be my one monthly goal for May

ufo projects for May:

1. cathedral stars

2. garlic knots new for May

3. scrappy twirl

If these finish early, LOL I will add an older UFO I called dark strings. My notes say it needs a border.

next on the longarm

1. lucky stars quilted

2. scrappy log cabin

3. scrappy mountain majesties

customer pause

4. maple leaves

5.love jelly roll

6. strip weave

7. florabunda

I am linking:

wednesday wait loss


4 comments:

  1. You have quite a lineup to keep you busy! Love Dart Jelly, congrats on moving things forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems your 5 quilt approach to UFOs is working well. Good luck with all your May goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Box Kite border is great! I remember Cathedral Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals. You continue to do well at finishing up the old ones!

    ReplyDelete