Monday, May 6, 2024

cathedral stars start

As part of my 5 quilts project, I opened a new ufo project from 2016. Cathedral stars, is a Bonnie hunter pattern that is free on her site. I was not thrilled with it when I opened it. I didn't like the colors. But, I let it sit for a few days, and I decided to try it. It is going together pretty well. I think I will like it when I am done. All the blocks were done, and the setting triangles were cut. 


I had a small start at an open sew that I attended last week. I will be sewing twosies and then sort into rows. 

5 comments:

  1. This is going to be a beautiful quilt! The black fabric makes the bright colors sing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still one of my favorite QV designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be stunning when done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've gotten a good start on the assembly. Sometimes they have to sit for a bit before we decide they work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's wonderful, Maggie! I love all the colors popping on that black background! Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete