Sunday, September 17, 2023

stash report September 17, 2023

I attended a quilt show in Lafayette last week and bought some flannel for donation quilts at 2.00 per yard. I was thinking of the trip around the world quilt I made earlier this year. I didn't take any quilt pictures. oh well



 stash report September 17, 2023

fabric added: 7 1/2 yards 

fabric added year to date: 130 1/2 yards 

fabric used: 24 yards  -irish chain is finished




fabric used year to date: 390 yards 

259 1/2 yards used more than bought

I sewed 5 days last week. 


The rug pattern is called Christmas in new England by Old tattered flag. It is meant to be a tree skirt, but I am changing it to just a circular rug. SO, on dasher and dancer.
I have many shades of dark blue to use for the background.

The reindeer are finished. I started the background in the center of the rug. Once I hook around each reindeer, I can clean up the tails of wool. My finger is much better, but still, doesn't like being bumped.

oops I missed a reindeer tail


5 comments:

  1. Love seeing your reindeer come to life each week! Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never worked with flannel fabric. I am sure it makes a cozy quilt. I like the diamond fabric. Your rug is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some fun flannels to use in those donation quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rug! Those deer are so cute. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/20/wednesday-wait-loss-346

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these new and colorful fabrics! Cute reindeers coming to life, I hope your finger doesn't hurt too much.
    Thank you for sharing and linking up (I fixed your new link)

    ReplyDelete