Monday, September 18, 2023

5 quilts September 18, 2023

 last report August 14, 2023

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. 

I have finishes that are exciting, and, I have a few more getting ready. Working on 5 quilts at a time, isn't fast, but, overtime, I chip away at these worthy projects.

1. wensleydale a jen kingwell pattern - I am working on assembly and piecing the top. Finishing it is my one monthly goal for September at elm street quilts.



2.  plaid kaliedescope - I have all the pieces cut for the blocks, I think I will return it to the UFO closet

3. uneven 9 patch - The center is finished and I am adding borders

I will add an inner border and an outer border

4. rectangle wrangle quilt.- finished



5. spoolin around leader ender challenge 2013 - I practically restitched all the blocks and have started assembly with setting triangles.


new # 2. strip tease is a scrappy quilt with flying geese and 4 patches. I have a drawer full of 4 patches

from the internet

new # 4 is an older ufo ( aren't they all older) from 2015

equal rights -I have the pattern and a fabric pull in the box.  I looked at it for a week, and decided I wasn't going to finish it. all done.

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. I have been interrupting this list when I complete a ufo and slide it onto the longarm for a complete finish.

1. hand me down - back made, on the frame, quilted, finished


2. triple irish chain - found, back,  on the frame, quilted, finished



 Lucille star flimsy -find, can't find -what did I do with it? some place safe I am sure

1. fair and square - bonnie hunter quilt pattern

new # 2 old world mystery - twins

new #3 full stop punctuation older rsc project

new # 4 crayon older rsc project

new #5 cheddar jubilee - bonnie hunter quilt pattern

I am linking:


4 comments:

  1. I love seeing your five quilts and the progress you make each week! Such fun. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/20/wednesday-wait-loss-346

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done well with your list of 5 this year. Hopefully you are starting to see some space in your UFO closet now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the progress on these quilts each week, Maggie! Wow, five at once! I hate it when I put things in a safe place! LOL Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete