Saturday, July 16, 2022

misfit

ummm - no! Should I fix it? haha


Why, yes, yes,  I should. Some days are vexing. I ran out of bobbin thread too! But, July's purple hole in the barn blocks are finished for the  rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I have a growing stack of blocks. I know we haven't done orange. What other colors?



Still trying to organize the pantry. I have dehydrated older tomatoes and beans I found buried. They take up less room this way and it prolongs the shelf life. I will still want to put these at the front to use first. I can make soup mixes in a jar with the beans, since they will now rehydrate quickly, instead of soaking regular beans and cooking them all day. The tomatoes we bought scratch and dent, and they didn't have labels. That can be a pain to figure out what I have. Now, I have them out of the weird cans and labeled.

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see I'm not the only who who flips HST's the wrong when sewing them. At least you found the misfit before who have the flimsy sewn together. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still need brown and black, light neutrals, lighter shades of blue and green, mixed colors...… definitely orange too of course. Your pantry organization looks so pretty! Something about freshly organized and labeled cabinets just makes me happy. Love the purple blocks too -- even the little oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great - that's a pretty purple in the corners! I'm thinking you must have an amazing pantry with all the canning you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we've all made that same mistake! :) It looks to me like we still have orange, light green, and light blue to go this year. Your jars look pretty-- I hope they are tasty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to go through my pantry and freezer and pull things forward. Thanks for the reminder. Cute blocks. I think we still need orange, light green and maybe light blue?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we have all made a mistake like that. I like the addition of the strings in the sides of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor little misfit! So glad you fixed it. I cook my dry beans in the oven in the winter, it only takes an hour or two. I got the recipe from The Homemade Pantry, by Alana Chernila.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How easy it is to get a patch turned! I probably would have to fix it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many leave the mistake and let others see how fast they can find it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those blocks are very cute! Love the purple and where you've used it in the blocks. What a pretty quilt this will be

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes there is no choice, but to grin and bear it, as you do some "frog" quilting. (Rip it, rip it). Frustrating, but worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete