Wednesday, July 24, 2019

carolina chain

Surgery on my back went well. I am still down more than I am up. I have to find the balance of pain meds that controls the pain, but, not so much that I sleep all the time. But, I am healing. Thank you for all the good wishes and comments. They were such an encouragement.

I am so close to finishing my garden party blocks, that I thought I would decide what project I would want to take with me as an away project.
This box has 2 Bonnie hunter quilts in it. Carolina Chain and midnight flight. I was glad I could tell the difference. I cut Carolina chain in 2017. It is from the the book addicted to scraps. It was also in the quilltmaker  magazine, June/ July 2010.
I cut for 154 blocks in dark and the same in light, I also need 154 sets of three squares in the light And matching sets of three squares in the dark.


I had to try a few for fun.They are very cute and easy to get a rhythm going, perfect for an away project.


I am linking to:

5 comments:

  1. I hope your back heals quickly and that you can get off the pain meds fast - I don't know what kind you are using but they say the longer you are on them the harder it is to throw them away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blocks, looks like you have some pieces ready to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are healing. Keep doing what you need to get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making progress, slowly but surely. Good to hear you're getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you are healing. I hope that your progress back to health and mobility since this post has been stellar.

    ReplyDelete