Saturday, November 10, 2018

green squared away blocks

The first thing I discovered making the October squared away block, was that 1- 2 1/2 in strip was not enough to do a whole block. So, it was back to the drawer and find something to finish what I already had cut.
The red squared away blocks have gone awol. But I am sure, like always, after a bit of clean up, I will find them.
It seems that there is a time determined in the universe of how long I can keep sewing without a proper cleaning, and I try to push it. I am afraid it is longer than my short term memory, and that is a problem.




It's exciting to realize, I have all the blocks to make a quilt. I have seen some great quilts finished already with the squared away block from this year's rainbow scrap challenge. My sincere thanks to the block designer Mari from the academic quilter and Angela from So Scrappy for a great sampler block rainbow style.

I am linking to




8 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks... totally inspiring me to get into the sewing room and finish up my green blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks! I had fun with the quilt along and I'm glad you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really pretty! I love the greens you chose, and the accent fabrics look great in the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are ready to put them together. Oh, how pretty they will all be.
    Happy quilting!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful variety of GREEN scraps you found in your stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your green blocks! Have you decided to set them on point or do a straight setting?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look great. I am looking forward to seeing how you lay them out. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete