Monday, November 26, 2018

webbing orca bay

I have started the webbing for orca bay mystery quilt. I decided to web in quadrants, thinking it would be easier to handle. even though I had a mantra ( left, right, left right) on the cornerstones, I  know I will have to correct a few of them.


I was planning on using yardage for Good Fortune mystery quilt, but when I opened my strip bucket, I saw red and neutral.


A few miles later, I had pairs of strips


A little accu cutting and I had sets ready to sew


chains of red 4 patches


and the cutest little 4 patches.



Jo of Jo's country junction is trying to finish all the quilts in quiltville's string fling book before the new book is published. I am trying to finish all the mystery quilts as part of that challenge before the new mystery in November. My challenge finishes are here. It looks like Jo has reached her goal, I have not.
I did finish the first 7 mystery quilts then I ran into orca bay ( the quilt that never ends) 
then I have 4 more finished.
I have 1 ready to quilt
 2 still need borders
ringo lake needs assembled. Not bad considering at the beginning of the year, I had only finished one of them. I feel like I can start the new mystery without any sense of overwhelm.





boms away 

Oh scrap
Patchwork Times

Quiltville monday link up

11 comments:

  1. Ha! using scraps is so much better than using yardage even if it takes so much longer. Once again I am skipping the mystery in hopes of finishing some other Bonnie quilts. I've only go 3 hanging around but one will be done by Jan 1. (Hopefully, fingers crossed!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job pulling from the scrap bins first. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done one of Bonnie's mystery quilts but love to watch the clues unfold, and enjoy all the variety on blog posts. I have a Blue Heaven quilt started but it stalled out as I need to do a bunch more cutting. I think I need a 1.5" Accuquilt die now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're doing great catching up with all your BH mysteries! Now, tell me, how do you sub-cut those strips on your accuquilt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with what you accomplished this year! Enjoy Bonnie's Good Fortune MQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on all the BH finishes this year and for having a handle on what's left.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making great progress on all your mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! You are really cooking along!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you went the scrappy route. Your four patches look great! Thanks for sharing with Moving it Forward.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two of the red triangles are the wrong way around! In the middle of the photo, the tips of the triangles should be touching the square with the white background, not their bases.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orca Bay was my first mystery quilt, and still one of my favorites. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete