Sunday, November 18, 2018

stash report November 18, 2018

I found this fun little project bag while thrifting this week. They are hand stitched and really interesting fabrics. Somebody spent a bit of time working on this. There is only one finished flower, but many hexagons cut. How dear of someone to share this. I just realized that I hadn't even measured the size. It is bigger than 1 inch but not 2 inches.


stash report

Fabric Used this Week 0 yards
Fabric Used or gone from house year to Date: 778 1/4 yards  * 400 donated

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 231 1/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 547 yards used more than purchased. 

I sewed at least 15 min every day this week -  orca bay

I restarted a very old Epp project 2 weeks ago  and I am trying to square it.


I can begin to see the shape of a quilt. I find the corners are challenging. I start in a corner, and the next thing I know, I have traveled up a side, which defeats the purpose of squaring a corner.
haha. And sometimes I go too far, like in the bottom right of the picture. Right now, it is about 20 x 28. I bet I have doubled it since restarting it. I still have a bunch of cut diamonds, and I like working on it so I will keep going. I am looking at other ideas for a rug hooking project and that could derail my star progress.


note

I am linking to:


sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces





7 comments:

  1. Those plaid hexes are really cute. Hope you take that project on and make some progress with it. Your old EPP project is moving along too. Happy stitching this week and have a very happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your EPP is really lovely! Enjoy your slow stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding little fun bits at the thrift store - I always wonder what they were making and thinking. Your quilt is really coming along and is quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hand project is coming along. The hexi fabrics look old. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What treasure you found with that little bag of hexies. As for your EPP quilt, how beautifully it is coming together. Love the pattern and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did make some progress on that EPP diamonds quilt! It's so pretty, bigger can't be bad, though. I like the little bag you found at your thrift store. in fact, I might be jealous. =) You're doing well at holding your own on using the stash, too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete