Sunday, May 20, 2018

Stash report May 20, 2018

I bought one jelly roll and 3 charm packs at Tuesday morning in Indianapolis. I am not sure what went wrong, but, after a long time of not buying any fabric ( other than thrift stores), I bought a lot. I immediately had buyers remorse. I checked out of the store with 5 jelly rolls and 2 layer cakes and 3 charm packs. Considering we are unemployed and or retired, I could not afford that kind of shopping extravagance. And I don't know what I was thinking. The same arguments in my head were still there -you have to start using the jelly rolls and layer cakes that you have already - nothing more will fit in your fabric room - when you "need" it, it will come. But, I still loaded the shopping cart. sigh......
I met my husband later, and, he, of course, was willing to enable me. But, I didn't enjoy it at all. Part of the problem was just choosing one. So outside of the store, I took a few minutes and decided on just the one, but I kept the charm packs..... they are so little :)  And hubby was willing to take all the rest back so I wouldn't be embarrassed. whew disaster averted.




Stash report

Fabric Used this Week 1 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 218 1/4 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 5 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 131 3/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 86 1/2 yards used more than purchased. 

I sewed at least 15 min 7 days this week. hand sewing mostly.

I haven't felt well this past week and most of my quilting time was handwork. I added a big star to my long time hexie quilt and 2 small flowers. I haven't worked on this project since July of last year. It felt good to make progress again. I fall in and out of love with sewing hexies.




I am linking to:

Slow Sunday Stitching

sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate

15 min to stitch at life in pieces



and Oh Scrap link in sidebar

4 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on yourself. You use a lot of fabric and you're going to have to buy sometimes. I just try to stick the the sales at my LQS because I'd hate for them to not be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've all been there! The key is to keep the stuff that makes you happy....and since what you just bought made you feel bad...taking it back was the right choice. I do like the ones you did keep! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it's less expensive at Tuesday Morning, right? I've not stopped there in a long time, and never found fabric when I did. I'll have to check it out, though, as I have heard of good bargains. What a gem your husband is! You have used a lot more than I have this year! The hexagon quilt is really beautiful. I do the same thing - big push for a while, then nothing for months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better this week. It's hard not to decide sometimes. We visited a quilt shop this week and though there was lots of pretties, I kept thinking about all that fabric at home that was just sitting on the shelves. Those hexes are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete