Thursday, May 10, 2018

cutting for Christmas Snowflake

Time to cut the background for Christmas snowflake quilt.



Cutting the background for this quilt requires 6 1/4 yards of a white, so it takes a bit of time to cut it all. I used a white on white snowflake fabric for my background. Just like the triangles for reds and greens, the back ground triangles just need to be accurate enough to cover the paper foundation piecing. I cut 224 - 3 1/2 in squares and cut them on the diagonal for 448 triangles. I could have cit strips and used the easy angle ruler if I needed to be accurate, but that is one extra step. I just cut the squares. That is a hefty stack of squares.


I cut
32 - 5 in squares cut on the diagonal for 64 triangles
128 - 2 1/2 x 4 in rectangles
128 - 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 in rectangles
18 - 2 in x wof strips subcut 6 of them into 12- 16 1/2 in sahsing


The box is full, and next week, it will be time to start sewing.


Intro/ templates


fabric requirements

cutting red and green fabric

cutting background

piecing the center

I am linking (links in the sidebar) to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing those blocks come together. I admire your stamina at getting all those pieces cut. I tend to cut as I go, I can't seem to make myself do it all at once.

    ReplyDelete