Monday, July 24, 2017

New week, new border


I have the border on Star Gazing (quiltville), but it seems to be missing something. hmm... I added another row of blocks and it is more square than rectangle. I prefer a rectangle quilt. Which do you prefer? But it is big enough for a bed.



I have a few more box kite (quiltville) blocks done. I am having fun digging through my 2 1/2 inch squares for the centers.


In preparation for borders and squaring mill girls, I have been cleaning off my cutting table ..again.
When I measured for the borders for star gazing, I realized it had been a very long time since I have seen this much of the table top  lol. I had to document it.



I am linking to:
Making Monday
main Crush Monday

9 comments:

  1. You have been getting so much done! I am envious. I am like you in that I like more rectangular quilts, but some designs just need the square. I should photo my cutting table as well. I just cleared it to cut the edges of the border. The pile is just repositioned at the moment, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie,
    I am SO impressed with your cutting table - nice and cleared off. I love that border on Star Gazing. How clever - I need to Pin that so I remember it sometime in the future. And, I'm still enjoying the kite blocks. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the scrappy stars and the border!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The star gazing quilt looks so inviting. I wish I had a cutting table as large a yours but, mine too, is in need of a good cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I like rectangle quilts better but am becoming more accepting now of squares and my present one I have just basted is square.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration and link on Show and Tell Monday !! Bambi Hug

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer a rectangle quilt generally. Good blog post.
    Would you mind amending your post to include a reference to Design Wall Monday at http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com That way when people see your link and go to your blog to read about it, they can easily link back to Design Wall Monday to go to the next blog. Thanks!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D The cleaning of my cutting table always only happens in conjunction with large-scale quilt tasks. Love your BH project so much with the cheddar sashing all in place and the cool borders going on! That's a really lovely scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete