Monday, March 13, 2023

hand me down ufo project

I have started working on a new UFO ( hand me down) for my 5 quilts project. I had 2 finishes last week, and, that means it is time to choose replacement projects.

As always, when I open a box that has been in the ufo closet, I need to assess what is there, versus, my notes. My notes said everything was cut. I don't think so. And, it took, some sleuthing to figure out that I cut the flying geese pieces to use deb tuckers ruler and wing cutter. Now, where did I put that?

2018

The alternate squares and hour glass blocks are there.


I found this pattern in the first Bonnie Hunter book scraps and shirttails. I think it is out of print. I have made almost all the quilts in this book over time.


I really like working with upcycled shirts and my head is wanting to wander to other possible shirt projects.

I am linking:

10 comments:

  1. You are moving along on your older projects. I have all of BH's scrap books, but haven't made anything from them. I may just enjoy seeing all of your versions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a good book! Way to go with working on the older projects. Always good to move things out of the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your fabrics! That is going to be neat project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe you've made each of the quilts in that book. Now, that's a great book to have! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a book to proceed with a quilt that I want to make, You remind me that I need to check my guild page on Facebook and see if anyone replied that they have one I can borrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, which pattern from the book. I have three of her books, including that one. I’ve been looking through them recently for inspiration. I look forward to seeing your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie you are having too much fun finishing up your UFO's. Your shirt fabric quilt will be a beauty when it's done. I am very impressed that you have done almost all of the quilts in Scraps and Shirttails. I think recycles shirt quilts are just more homey and give an extra quilty hug when they are gifted. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome to finish the two last week and open a new box to work on! You are sew organized!! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on working through your ufos! That book looks like a fun one.. and wow- you've made nearly all of them! Looking forward to seeing your progress! Thanks for joining in on Monday This and That!

    ReplyDelete