Wednesday, March 15, 2023

cutting for ohio star block

Once, I started cutting shirts for scrappy pinwheels, there was a cascade of shirt related cutting. Ohio stars was an easy decision. I have the accuquilt go die. I need a 5 1/2 inch strip of shirt to cut one block. So, While I was going through the box of shirts, I cut what I could get from a shirt in that size. Once I had been through the box once, I started cutting with the die. It wasn't until then, I checked my list of ufos, and, found I had a project box already cut. hmmm And then, I found another box of 5 1/2 inch strips labeled "to be ohio stars" hmmmm. 

No problem. Ohio stars are a classic and easy block that can be a study in fabric combinations. LOL And I love the look and feel of upcycled shirts in a quilt.



I cut at least 2 sets of 35 blocks. The block finishes at 12 inches. I can not make all the quilts I want to make. If any one would like to buy a "mystery" set of 35 ohio blocks in shirt fabric, let me know. Everything is there except the 4 outside corners. I think it is about 3 yards of fabric. I cut in sets of 8. I am thinking 40.00 plus shipping.

I  am linking to:

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty star! This will make a lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a productive cutting spree, Maggie! Best of luck on the sale of the "spare parts".

    ReplyDelete