Wednesday, March 29, 2023

5 quilts march 29, 2023

last report February 20, 2023

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. I decided that for 2023, rather than work a little on each one at a time, I would concentrate on just one. I still use the list to plan and look ahead. 

 This has been a frustrating round of 5 quilts. The quilts were easily finished, but, none of them, were inspiring to me. I am questioning the method. Yet, I know, I have finished more ufos than any other way I have tried. I was disappointed in not finishing quilts from my "to be quilted" closet. Because, I could just as easily keep the longarm busy with my finishes from 5 quilts. All the projects should change now.  I hope it is a better mix of piecing and finishing.

1. twisted braid - is finished

2. scrappy pinwheels. is ready for quilting


3. Kristals- is my one monthly goal for March is done -  blog on Friday

4. wool lady table runner. I have decided this is ready to finish without quilting

5. wensleydale - I want to start cutting

new 5. trip around the world class I have been asked to teach for guild

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

1. wonderland table topper on the frame

customer pause

2. wonky courthouse steps 2

3. tokoyo subway

4. scrapbox chevron from 2013

5. wonky wishes 2017

checkered past

ubi

I  am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. the twisted braid quilt pattern who is it by. I can't find it. I think yours is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of the designs. I have only a few quilts that need to be finished....I just can't get motivated to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are prolific in your quilting. And I always admire your wonderful quilts. These are wonderful! I get bored working on one thing at a time sometimes. After getting busy with other things in life, I return to quilting and am not as focused on the project at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both look great - you'll get them done

    ReplyDelete