Friday, February 17, 2023

radiant star finish

May I introduce a very patient quilt that, now, has a chance to shine. I started radiant star quilt in 2012 as a class at a local quilt store.

I wrote the first blog post in 2016, mentioning that it might get a chance for a finish. Nope. not then.

I added it to 5 quilts in January 2023 by random number generator. I am glad I did, I finally could trust that it would get the attention it deserved.

I opened the project box, and realized it wasn't perfect, but, still very nice. I imagine the imperfect center was the reason I had left it undone in the first place.

It became a top by the end of January. and had to wait it's turn on the longarm. I have so many large quilts on my UFO list that is was a pleasure to finish a smaller one. 

48 x 48 - 7 yards of fabric


I used the border fabric to bind it and a stripe for the back

I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

4 comments:

  1. Super finish and lovely. We know there are no perfect quilts so no need to point out any imperfections. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some projects need time to "ripen," and this was worth the wait. It's lovely, or should I say radiant?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay!!! I am glad it finally made it to the top of the to do list!! it is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful lone star, so deserving of a finish. What a happy day! It turned out gorgeous. Love your fabrics. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete