Wednesday, February 22, 2023

One monthly goal finish February 2023

 I have a finish and a one monthly goal completion to celebrate. My circa 1880 quilt is finished. I used 225 swap blocks from my quilty friends to make the top and added a border fabric that was gifted to me from another quilty friend some time ago. I could not be more pleased. The photos are a little dark from an Indiana dreary winter day, but, the quilt is shiny to me. So much talent from other quilters are part of my quilt in each little block.


92 x 94 and 22 yards


I used a cotton sheet for the back and free motion swirls for the quilting. I actually ran out of the omni thread with 12 inches to go and had to wait for an order to come in, before, I could finish it. I tried 4 quilt stores in Indianapolis to find it, and had to order it online. I usually have back ups but, not this time sigh...


11 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing this scrappy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! That is an incredible finish!! Congrats - it is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great finish! I can see the love that went into every block. Such a treasure, and a great memory of your quilty friends. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish, Maggie! That quilt is a big accomplishment. I have a local friend who's making a Circa 1880, and I've seen the size of those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous looking quilt, reminder of friends, and documentation of reproduction fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finish! Congratulations. It was clearly made with love, and, “ a little help from your friends”!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowser! That is one lovely finish. Thanks for sharing with oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic reminder of all your quilting friends. It is a truly stunning quilt. Well done on the finish

    ReplyDelete