Monday, February 13, 2023

kristals

Flippy corners takes a lot of time... I started a new UFO project here. I really enjoy the colors, but, I am adding three more blocks to the quilt than the smallest size of the directions, and, I have to keep jumping back and forth on the number of pieces I need to sew. These are the very center of each "kristal".


I need to flip all 4 corners of the larger piece for the center.


small progress but worth it. This is one of my 5 quilt projects. And as expected, my buddy has one row together sashings and all.

7 comments:

  1. Your blocks are pretty! That technique is a bit time consuming, but worth the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why QAYG as a technique would have templates, since pretty much any quilt block can be part of a QAYG quilt.... The Kristals pattern is intriguing. I've just made a bunch of flippy cornered blocks and I'm contemplating throwing away the cut offs, unless my conscience hollers no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful scrappy block, but doing it that way does take time. Still, it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great and colorful start, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely stack of blocks! Looks like you had a fun week. Hope this week goes as well for you and you have fun finishing another stack of those pretty blocks. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry it's taking a lot of time but oh so pretty and worth it. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are beautiful. Can't wait to see how this turns out!

    ReplyDelete