Monday, February 6, 2023

kristals project

I started a new quilt with a quilting buddy. I cut the print part at an open sew. I still need to cut the background. My initial impression is that the instructions were not written in my way of thinking. I will have to do a lot of repeat reading to understand the next steps. 

I have no business starting anything new this year. I have enough UFOs to last a lifetime that should keep me busy. On the other hand, I have had the pattern long enough, and the fabric pulled long enough, it could be defined as an Ufo. And, it was in a box. haha

                           

Before the end of last year, Missourri star quilt notified me that I had won a prize during their sweepstakes. I was sure surprised. But delighted.
 Shortly, there after, these templates arrived.  They are a set of quilt as you go templates. I haven't done any of that since Georgia Bonesteel's lap quilt books in the 70s? I look forward to studying up on the possibilities. Any one use these templates?



9 comments:

  1. Deb at vtquiler.blogspot.com does. And Missouri Star has a video on YouTube on you to use the hexagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the little templates! Would be happy to pay the postage too. I don't see an email address and guess this comment will be "anonymous." Suzanne in MI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometime you have to play with something new while finishing up the UFOs. At least I do, it helps with the motivation greatly. Enjoy your new project. I like your fabric pull for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristals looks like a really pretty pattern. There are not a lot of patterns that are written "n my way of thinking". I have to do several re-reads, and I long for a quieter sewing room (lots of interruptions by kitties, dogs, and Hubby!) Congrats on the templates win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Kristals pattern so much I just bought it - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristals is a beautiful pattern and I think since it was in a box with fabric it counts as a UFO. ;). I confess to looking at the pattern since you shared it but my UFO list is much too long for me to start another new project right now (but maybe later?). What fun to win the templates. I'm sure you'll have fun playing with them even if you only make a runner or placemat. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. I hope you have a wonderful week with plenty of sewing time in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to work with a buddy on the same project! My sis and I have done that a few times. Congrats on winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty project! And I agree; you had the fabric and the pattern in a box so it's a WIP! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Kristals pattern. I can't say I've ever seen quilt as you go templates, but have fun with them! Thanks for liking up!

    ReplyDelete