Friday, February 3, 2023

5 quilts February 3, 2023

 last report  5 quilts january 23, 2023

We took a mini little vacation and, now, it is time to regroup and recheck my goals. I have a new finish and change on the list for February. I always look forward to adding something new from my ufo list.

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. I decided that for 2023, rather than work a little on each one at a time, I would concentrate on just one. I still use the list to plan and look ahead. My focus will be circa 1880 until it is quilted and bound. It is my one monthly goal for February.

1. sea swept finished 



2. circa 1880-  More about this here.  I added borders and it is ready to quilt. I made it my one monthy goal at elm street quilts to be sure I stick to it.


3. twisted braid - I have all the main blocks pieced and I am ready to make long vertical rows. I can't decide on a sashing color - red? blue?


4. radiant star from 2012 - is ready to quilt but circa is first.


new 5. scrappy pinwheels. I need to open the box. My notes say, all the pieces have been cut and sewn. It is time to make the blocks

new 1. wool lady table runner. AGAIN, I need to open the box and see how far it is done before I can start on the finish

oops - On a whim, I am starting a new project which will delay the wool table runner. Linda O and I bought the same pattern at a quilt show and we are going to sew it together for awhile. I am sure she will soon out pace me, and, it might turn into a UFo. But, I enjoy a bit of the friendly competition.

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

customer pause

1. wonderland table topper

customer pause

2. wonky courthouse steps 2

3. tokoyo subway

4. scrapbox chevron from 2013

5. wonky wishes 2017

checkered past

ubi

I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 


3 comments:

  1. You are making good progress on your UFO list. I'm finding that working on one project at a time has it's advantages even on just a weekly basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sea swept is gorgeous, Maggie! For the sashing, what about a neutral color which will give greater contrast to the blue and red blocks,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lists! You are so productive limiting yourself to five projects and rotating through each one to a finish. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete