Saturday, January 1, 2022

one monthly goal and rainbow scrap challenge

 I worked on crumb stars last year for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I have 72 blocks made which will make a nice lap size. I am moving it to the ufo list since I don't know what I want to do with them yet. I thought I might make a straight setting until I took the picture and then I like them on point. we shall see


I am anxious to move on to something new.

I want to make  5 quilts for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I seem to have a thing for the number 5.

.sweet tooth,     inspired by Cathy at sane crazy crumbly

2. razzle dazzle, a bonnie hunter pattern that I haven't found yet

3. cut hunters star,  I think I will just cut this year and sew next year

4. boho heart - Jen Kingwell

5. blossom time a bonnie hunter pattern

This year, I have filled a good size rubbermaid with scraps in various colors and I hope to use that for the scraps I will need for my projects. If that is not enough or adequate variety I can go to my scrappy wire bins for additional goodies.

And since this is the first day of 2022 I have chosen a quilt to finish for my one monthly goal at elm street quilts. It is an older ufo from 2016 - Bonnie Hunter of quiltville  leader/ender challenge hourglass in rainbow colors.  I have the top together and it needs finished. I can't find a picture of it as a top.


 I am linking to:



10 comments:

  1. That look like a great selection of 2022 quilts. Love how one is juat the cutting for easy sewing in another year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crumb stars are so pretty in all the colors of the rainbow! Good luck with your OMG, too - that's going to be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is going to be so much fun watching these quilts grow this year! Good luck on getting your OMG completed this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv your goals especially the blossom time ,Im putting my rainbow scrap blocks together , I also am thinking of challenging myself to make more than one this yr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a stack of blocks ready to turn into a quilt is always nice. It makes for a fast finish when inspiration strikes. Lots of great projects for the new year. Looking forward to seeing them come together in 2022

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of crumbs! Good for you for getting them into something useful!
    Good scrap plans for 2022! I've been eyeing Boho Heart and Gypsy Wife for quite some time. That's about as far as I'll get - blood shot eyes from eyeing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun projects and great goals for 2022, Maggie. Scrappy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FIVE RSC quilts?! Good for you -- and they will all be beautiful! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie Hunter's pattern is on sale here: https://www.quiltingdaily.com/product/razzle-dazzle-quilt-pattern-download/

    ReplyDelete