Saturday, January 22, 2022

blossom time

I have cut pieces for a stashbuster 2022 quilt in red. I haven't put one together yet but it looks fun. I have a small box of the right size pieces but not matching. So I will cut some more each month.


cut for stash buster challenge

I have relocated an older ufo to the sewing room to work on this year. Blossom time is a quiltville pattern. I started working on it from quiltmaker magazine, before there was a quilt pattern. I counted what I needed and cut the new pieces from red scraps. I think these blocks are well suited for the rainbow scrap challenge approach to getting it done over the next year. I think I need to make 12 each month.


I think they are very cute.


I am still fiddling with the stem at the bottom. I don't like how they are made. And I need to cut them ahead and not wait for the green month.

  I am linking to:


11 comments:

  1. Love your Blossomtime blocks! Going to be such a pretty quilt, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your RED tulips are SEW pretty, Maggie! Glad you've decided on this one for the RSC22. Happy scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Blossom Time blocks, remind me I have a box of Scrappy Sprouts that need to be made into a top and then sent to the quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely blocks. I agree, they do lend themselves to being an RSC project. I’m looking forward to seeing more in different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely blocks. I agree, they do lend themselves to being an RSC project. I’m looking forward to seeing more in different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some pretty reds, Maggie! Those tulip blocks are lovely - they'll make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute flowers, Maggie. Great idea to make them during RSC22 color of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tulips look great! By the end of 2022, you'll have a beautiful garden full of pretty blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty blooms! You'll have a fun rainbow garden by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute blocks! Love the variety of reds you're using. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice red fabrics! "Blossom Time" is the perfect pattern for the RSC challenge. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete