Wednesday, January 12, 2022

scrapbusting tool

Another favorite tool I use when I am taming the scraps is the easy angle ruler. I bought mine years ago from the lady who invented it. I used it for years. I bought Bonnie Hunter's ruler too, but, find it a bit confusing, so I revert to the easy angle almost every time. I think you can still buy them at Joann fabric but it is a different brand

 
I needed to cut hsts for my star and crown block, so, when I grabbed the easy angle ruler, I realized how important this little ruler is to me. I like to start with the black diamond at the top so I use it upside down. I am sure there are other demonstrations on line. I was using a 2 inch strip for 2 inch hst. 


Then, I flip it to continue down the strip




I cut my scraps into strips and that is how I store them. If I need hsts in any size, I can grab a strip in that size and my easy angle ruler and I have them.


My favorite tools for scraps

1. stripology ruler

I  am linking to:


6 comments:

  1. I also have this ruler, and I use it exactly the same way-- upside down. It just makes more sense to my brain. It's also great for turning little bits into pieces that are usable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Thank you for sharing such a neat tool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Easy Angle! It makes hsts easy to cut from scraps. And I hate drawing lines on fabric squares.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been playing with my easy angle this morning as well. 2 inch strips as star points. It is so nice to be able to pull everything for a block from the same strip bin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same issue. I have both rulers and I get confused with Bonnies one also tho I've been told that hers is more accurate than the easy angle. Also the easy angle is easier to see/read.

    ReplyDelete