Friday, January 7, 2022

borders

 Day 7 of January and I have not bought any fabric - This is a big deal for me. I wonder when the shakes will stop. Of course, I haven't been anywhere, but, I know how to use the submit now button on a website. I have at least 2 feet of floor cleaned up and vacuumed back from my sewing machine. For as nice as it feels, why can't I remember to keep it that way. I am barely energetic enough to sew. I have been trying to finish the gazillion hourglass blocks for rhododendron mystery. I thought I would not ever get to sew anything else. But, I added the inner border to my drunkards path quilt.


I opened a big bucket of scraps and took a deep breath and put the lid back on again. sigh...


Today my Friday group will meet again after the holidays. It has been 3 weeks and I sure have missed it. But, I was also not well enough to go.


I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

5 comments:

  1. I do admire your strength and also your industriesness. You will always be ahead of me with the mystery. I had to put mine on hold for the BOM for the guild. It is a fact they will be asking for it Saturday and I still need to see the rows together. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today you are making me laugh - I hope the shakes have gone down enough for you to stitch!! and the scrap bin - too funny!
    That drunkards path is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that your post yesterday has inspired me to do something with my scraps. Yesterday I started sorting, ironing and cutting into useable sizes. It's going to take some time, but if I spend
    an hour or so a day, it will get done. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making it this far without buying any fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Maggie, you are so funny. I can relate to opening the bin of scraps and then just shutting it. Take care and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete