Wednesday, January 26, 2022

slotted trimmers for scraps

I was working on my red scrap projects for the month and I am trying a new block -star and crown-using my civil war reproduction fabric. I need 6 - 2 inch hsts per block. When I reached for my slotted trimmer to trim them, I realized I had another favorite scrap taming tool to share. I have had this trimmer for a couple of years. At first it was difficult to remember to not iron the hsts open. But, I grew to really like the results, and I can trim before I iron, while they are still sewn and laying just like they come off the back of the machine.











My favorite tools for scraps

1. stripology ruler
3. slotted trimmers

I  am linking to:

oh scrap sunday

4 comments:

  1. I love mine! My user to be local quilt store (Prairie Points, Peoria IL) Does product de more on any 5th Saturday of the month. it always makes a difference in my block size. Violet in Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my quilting partners gave us these for Christmas a 3 or 4 years ago. I'd never seen it before & didn't know what it was or how to use it so it sat. One week when we were still quilting together & not over FaceTime (pre-Covid), we were doing a pattern with HSTs & she said to trim them with the slotted trimmers she gave us. I confessed I'd never used it so she showed me how to use hers & why it was awesome & my life was changed!! I use it all the time & it's so great to make perfect HSTs. LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trimmer! Similar to the Quilt in a Day one I use. So easy to trim HSTs first, before pressing them open because you only need to trim two sides. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete