Thursday, January 6, 2022

taming the scraps

 My favorite tool for taming my scraps is my creative grids stripology ruler. I have the strip dies for the accuquilt and I use them a lot. But, when I have odd sized smaller pieces of scrap that I plan on using to add variety to my bins, I like to use the template. I have both sizes. I use the original template with a larger scrap, and, the smaller one for ( wait for it) smaller scraps.



It is a quick cut or 2, and I can make several sizes from one scrap.

This is a scrap print that never ends

I like to use it with the 0 at the bottom right


The left piece will go into the string/crumb bin. The middle is a 2 1/2 inch strip, and the right will go into the trash- no waste.



The left piece is 1 1/2 inch, then 2 inch, then 2 1/2 inch. All with out moving. I enjoy this in the evening when I am too tired to do much of anything. I find it very therapeutic. I don't worry about cutting it the wrong sizes anymore, because, I have a huge collection of scraps. If I want matchy matchy, I have plenty of other options as well.  I am sure the red bear print will show up in a scrap bag for years to come. And at my estate sale, if 5 people buy my fabric. It will be in each of their bags. It is just magical fabric.

2 comments:

  1. I love this ruler. I had no idea this existed. Guess what I'll be shopping for? haha. Thanks for the info. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to quickly and easily cut up your scraps! No wonder you get so much done with them. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete